Simple truths, difficult practices

Recently I have been going through so many things that the feeling of being overwhelmed has been choking me. I have been filled with complaints, worry, being uncertain about the future and things I was SO SURE that God had in store for us. I knew these things were not of God but rather another valley He wanted me to walk through. After some loving words from dear friends I got to sit and be still and the answers poured over me like water. These things were simple truths. Things I learned the first day of bible school, but what I realized is to put them in practice is another story.







ONE) God's timing IS perfect.

We cannot fast forward the egg timer or try to skip ahead. There is a reason for these lessons. When working on the temple God gave them specific direction to build it. Could they have cut corners and done it another way? Probably but there was a reason that HE had them follow those specific plans. EVERY building block was important. Each one was a "keystone" that made the next layer more sturdy. We have to know that even though we think that we are ready for the blessings God has in store for us. HE KNOWS BEST.




Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.


1 Corinthians 1:28-30
28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not —to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him. 30It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.





TWO) I am NOT perfect.

Oh this one was hard to settle into. I want the perfect house, perfect family, perfect husband. But the truth is that if we were perfect what need would there be for a savior? Jesus takes our weaknesses and uses them. Only when we are willing, and we do not try to hide them. When we fight against our imperfections we are not allowing Christ be be mighty through us. When we try to be perfect we are relying on our works instead of His grace. Wow. Scary huh?




2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.







and lastly THREE) I can not be everything to everyone, or in simpler terms.. I am NOT God.

You would think that this one was easy to grasp. But how many times do we try to be Counselor, or Protector, or even Provider to those around us? I find myself making this mistake so many times a day. I believe my problem lies in that Proverbs 31 woman. Oh how I strive to be like her. How many days I have spent crying over that passage feeling so condemned in my failures to be that PERFECT Godly woman. How did she do it? Did God bless her with an extra set of arms? Did he honor her with 48 hours in a day instead of 24? Or is there some ancient recipe that has not been revealed to me yet that gives me the strength to stay awake and never need sleep?

I really pondered these things and found myself resenting this woman. But then I realized, this was not one woman. It is the church body as a whole. Think of it this way. What good would the legs do without feet? Or hands without arms? We are all given specific gifts, special to only us. When we come together as a body we are whole and complete. I stink at house work. It seems my home is clean for exactly 30 seconds before it deteriorates all around me. I cannot stay organized and have such trouble with maintaining a welcoming home. However there is always someone who seems to be knocking at my door needing fed. (bodily or spiritually) I then realized that there are Godly women around me who just have the gift of a clean home. When we get together we are that Proverbs 31 woman. I can feed them bodily and in turn they feed me spiritually with the gift of fellowship and somehow they always want to pick up a dust rag and help out with the chores. That is the reason God gave us the body, and He tells us to not be alone. We are supposed to come together often, and are NOT supposed to try to do it all alone. It is pride that keeps us away, and keeps our mind in the idea that "I can do it myself." It is sinful to think this way. I needed to allow God to bless me with these other women who understand my plight and who have been there to train me up and teach me. WOW. God is so good.

Matthew 18:20
For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:12
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.




Lastly my beloved I have realized that in all things I must be thankful. For I cannot fathom what plans He has for me, nor do I know the walk He has set before my feet. However I must be faithful in His promises. And am to be joyful in the fact that He is always with me, and loves me until the end of time. God bless and may Peace be with you always.







Job 27:10
Will he find delight in the Almighty? Will he call upon God at all times?

Nehemiah 1:5
Then I said: "O LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his commands,

Psalm 48:9
Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.

No comments: