You say tomato. I say kumquat

I like me. I do.

I like the way I think. The way I always see things in a totally different perspective than the average human mammal. Just this morning I pondered the oddity of indoor plumbing. Who decided, "You know I think I want to create a special room inside my home. A wonderful room just for urination, and poo." I want to meet that person.

The other day I got into a very serious debate defending my stance that I have the ability to make the perfect glass of chocolate milk:

"What brand?"

"Every brand, I've perfected my craft."

"But what medium?"

"Any."

"You can't be serious. Powdered chocolate tastes differently than liquid."

"Not when I do it."

"That's impossible. You're telling me that you can perfectly measure the amount of mix -be it liquid or powder- to make it taste exactly the same."

"Yep."

"How is that possible? What? Can you see to the gram?"

"Micro-gram."

"You can see individual crystals, and by doing so know exactly how much is needed to make-"

"The perfect glass of chocolate milk. Yeah. That's what I said, I'm just that good."

"Really?"

"Really. Don't get me started on my ninja skills."



It was then the debate got heated.

This is my life, and I love every second. I believe I have been created, that God said, "Let's get a little crazy with this one."



I believe that I bring Him joy, and that although some may mistake my carefree attitude for a lack of intelligence or inappropriate behavior there is a reason I see things in this way.

The other day I was sitting next to my husband lamenting about how difficult it has been with the kids out of school:

"Honey. Today was insane. First the boys played together, then they fought. Then they played, then they fought again. On and on it went-"

"Mommy."

"In a minute Eli. Seriously hon, I thought my head would explode. I played-"

"Hey Mommy."

"Eli, Daddy and I are talking. I said wait. Anywho, I played with them, then I broke up fights, back and forth, on and off-"

"MOMMY! It's important!"

"What Eli?"

"That's a pattern."

"Huh?"

"A pattern. We played then we fought. Played then fought. A pattern."

A smile broke across my face. "Yes Eli. You are absolutely correct."

It was a good day. Like everyday I wake up in my own Wonderland.
Have a great one my friends. Go love someone today.

No comments: