It's been far to long

Hey! How's it going. It's been awhile. It's been far too long. I will take this time now to apologize to those who are on email alerts, but I have uploaded some content that I had over at Facebook. I thought it could find a home here too.

A lot has happened in these few months. That two year old? He is three now. And that leaky radiator, has been replaced by a brand new car. God has blessed me abundantly in my absence. But that is nothing new, He blesses me abundantly everyday. Everything that I have, and every word on this page is solely because of Him. I am not ashamed to say it.

I don't deserve it. But He did it. Even when I was unfaithful, or stubborn in my sin. Again and again, He moved me out of His way so He could do good works for me. That people is grace.

Loving me when I am not lovable. Encouraging me when I am throwing stones at myself and others. Placing me back on my two feet when I fall. Every single time it's Him.

Just two weeks ago I wrote and essay and submitted it - under duress I must say, I was threatened with violence if I didn't - to win a ticket to The Ragged Edge Weekend with Ted Dekker. I didn't want to do it. I had gone through some pretty deep wounds with my writing lately and thought, 'No way am I putting myself out there, and anyway, we don't have the cash for travel expenses.' But again the threat of violence from your pastor's wife is a serious thing. Something that you do not take lightly. I mean, she's a pastor's wife, you know she isn't lying about smacking you.

So I entered, and two days later, won. I couldn't believe it. It was some MAJOR salve on my wounded artist's soul. But then the incidentals reared their ugly head. Flight, hotel, rental car, all these things that we had not budgeted. So I smiled and nodded. Told everyone if God wants me there He will make a way. But inside thinking, 'Not. Going. To. Happen.' I was heartbroken. I had heard the call to write more seriously, over and over recently. You know when you have a dream about chocolate chip ice-cream and everywhere you look the next day people are eating chocolate chip ice-cream, or buying it, placing it on their head as a cooling device in this sweltering heat. It was like that, only less sticky.

God did make it happen. From a collection that friends took up online, and gifts from a very benevolent source, I am going to be in Nashville in August. I cannot deny it any longer. God has called me to be a writer. To create worlds that tell His story, and if He so desires, to be His secretary and take dictation. Even though I had all but abandoned this blog.

Even though I had all but abandoned any sort of writing at all. He did it. He made it happen. That is Grace guys.

Glad to be back. I've missed you all.

No comments: