This is my idea of heaven

When you imagine heaven, what do you see? Endless millennia filled with harps and babies in diapers?
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and it was good. Everything was in harmony. There was no heaven and earth. Heaven was earth.

Then with one act of rebellion everything fell out of harmony;and that one action resonated throughout the universe. Heaven and earth became two separate entities, and what was-was no more. But we were not the only ones who lost unspeakable amounts on that day, and so began the story of redemption.

The great thing is that it is a love story, and with all great love stories there is a happy ending. Love triumphs, death has been defeated and Truth conquers all. So now we wait, or do we? We must not forget that God is the God of beauty, and even now God gives us a glimpse of what life will be like, when we are reunited with Him.

God is an artist, all one has to do is look and listen to the world around you to believe that to be true. Just this evening as I sat at my window and heard crickets singing praises, the warm air caressed my face as I breathed in the smell of grass and earth. In that moment I was home again. It is an unexplainable feeling when you are kissed by the divine, and sometimes we are too wrapped up in our own lives to stop and drink in the wonders of the Creator.

Think about what you feel when you hear that perfect song? Or when you see the sun peek over the horizon. When your heart swells at the laugh of a child, or the stillness of the forest. The way it feels when your soul sighs, that moment of peace in otherwise broken world. For that moment, there is no death, no famine, no war, no pain. Just peace. You and God and Completeness.

That is just a taste of what heaven is. In heaven it is where God dwells, and one day we will be able to participate in that wholeness again.

Revelation 21

The New Jerusalem
1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.


In my mind I see forever as being in constant relationship with my Creator. The restoration of all things, a partnership, a great love affair that was bestowed upon us in the beginning.
My sharing in the completeness of God. Forever at the foot of the Master. Me, my Jesus, my Lover, my Friend, my Savior and Lord. Forever Us, sharing this:

Kuroshio Sea - 2nd largest aquarium tank in the world - (song is Please don't go by Barcelona) from Jon Rawlinson on Vimeo.



This is the 2nd largest aquarium. One day I hope to go see the largest.

Cloud Maneuvers from Jon Rawlinson on Vimeo.



To dance in the clouds.

Respect Mother Nature from Jon Rawlinson on Vimeo.



To claim my rightful place beside Him.

Celebration of Light - UK Night - (music is on the wing by Owl City) from Jon Rawlinson on Vimeo.



Where there is no more darkness. Forever in the Light.


What is your idea of heaven?

No comments: