Let's get to work






“Wow......”

“I know.”

Side-by-side we stand just taking in the huge mess that towers in front of us.

“There sure is a lot of junk in here.” I kick a piece of trash away from my foot.

“I know. That is why we need to do this everyday.”

“You do know that I am not the best housekeeper right?”

“I am very aware. But, that is why I am here to help.”

“It seems like too much.”

“It’s going to take some work. It will probably be tiring, and painful, and you are going to want to quit. But again that is why I am here. Remember what I said about ..”

“Yeah, yeah something about burdens being light and such…..."

He looks at me.

"Sorry. I didn’t mean to get snarky.”

“It’s OK. I know.”

Sigh. “Why didn’t I do this earlier?”

“Because you were scared, you were relying on your own power, and hiding in your own sin.”

“I am still scared, and honestly this mountain of trash seems too big.”

“Do you think it is too big for Me?”

“No.”

“Do you think when I said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you,’ it meant I wanted you to deal with all your junk on your own?”

“No.”

“Well what are you worried about?”

“Can’t we just fast forward to the end? I mean, You are God, can’t I have some sort of divine Dust Buster and suck all this stuff up?”

Laughs.
“ Divine Dust Buster, huh?”

“Hey you made me, you know how my mind works.”

“Yes I do and that is one of the reasons why you are so precious to Me. I love you so much.” Smiles.

Starts to get emotional.
“I love You too. That is why I am doing this. All this junk seems to be keeping me from You.”

Laughs.
“It isn’t keeping you from Me. I am with you always. But all this junk, it is weighing you down. Think about it this way Andrea, (We are suddenly outside. He points into the air at a bird that seems to be dancing in the sky.) Do you see that bird there? See how free she is? Imagine if you will that she is gathering twigs and bits of string to build her nest. You do not see her carrying more than she can carry and still fly? If she would, she finds out very quickly that she needs to drop it to take flight. You are grounded Andrea, I just want you to fly.”

We are now back infront of the mountain of junk that I have gathered and horded over the past year. It is massive and although I believe Jesus, that I need to be freed from under it, I am still worried.


“You know I am afraid of heights.”

“And I also know you are stalling.”

“Yes I am.”

“I am here Andrea.”

“I know.”

“You are not alone.”

“I know.”

“We can do this together.”

Deep breath. “I know we can. I still wish we had a Divine Dust Buster though.”

Winks. “We do. However I like to call Him My Spirit.”

Shocked, a wide smile breaks across my face.
“Did you just..”

“Explain something so you could understand it? Yeah, I am kinda Awesome like that. Now, lets get to work.” Jesus offers His hand.

I accept it. “I love You.”

“I know.”

Squeezing my hand He leads me as we step into the midst of the things that have been weighing me down. But I am no longer afraid.






We can do this. He can do this.




While I have been away there have been many things I have not gotten rid of, things that have kept me from flying. I have walked through the valley this past year and I am excited to share my travels with you. Throughout the next few months, I will try to share what I have learned along the way, and maybe help you clean through some of the trash you have been hording. Grabs her “Dust Buster”

OK, let’s get to work.

No comments: